Some Crochet, Some Pics, Some Travels..

domenica 21 settembre 2014

Baktus mania

| |

Hello lovelies, I want to thank you all for the comments on my last post::: So glad to see you here! I'm back from my nice trip to Sardinia and as my first project from my break, I'll show you my Baktus scarf!

Searching for a one-skein pattern for a scarf or small shawl, I stumbled across a super easy crocheted Baktus that I found on Ana's blog.. she'e quite addicted to Baktus! It has the shape of an elongated triangle, with narrow tips and a wider center. 

I heard Baktus comes from Norway, where it became very popular some time ago.  The original pattern is a knitted version and in Raverly there is a huge gallery of Baktus made with different yarns::: The method couldn’t be simpler. You weigh your yarn, cast on a few stitches, and then increase every so many rows, always on the same side. When you have half the yarn left, start decreases!

I follow the most popular pattern on Raverly by Helda Panagary, using a soft blue shade chunky yarn and a 8mm hook::: I confess it's the perfect project to work on in relax during the afternoon or evening! N.B. This pattern is written in UK crochet terminology::: I notice it too late, so I realize my Baktus scarf in US double crochet! 

Hope you're enjoying a nice weekend!

6 commenti:

Nicky Miranda ha detto...

Adoro il Baktus!É secondo me tra le sciarpe più comode che esistono!Ne ho fatto uno lo scorso anno e per quest'inverno ne ho già preparati altri due...Non sia mai detto che mi trovi sprovvista!Bellissimo il tuo di quel colore.Ciao!

Unknown ha detto...

Looks super soft and cozy!! I made some baktus scarves too, they look great and are quick and easy to hook, lovely items indeed! : )

airali ha detto...

È semplice e perfetta per essere utilizzata ogni giorno... e con un filato particolare come il tuo un pattern semplice è la scelta che più mi pace :)

Anitha ha detto...

your scarf looks so cute and cozy! love the colors.. have a fantastic week ahead!

Géraldine B. ha detto...

It's really beautiful ! I like very much the color and its shades ! Have a nice week end

eclectichomelife ha detto...

Oh I love this!! What a find. Thank you for sharing. Not sure when I will have time to make this but I have added it to my to do list. Thank you ❤️

Posta un commento

I love receiving your comments - It makes me so happy that you drop by and say hello.
Thank you ♥