Some Crochet, Some Pics, Some Travels..

domenica 6 aprile 2014

Vintage pattern inspiration

| |

Crocheted accessories based on vintage patterns are always unique, with a retro-chic flair and timeless design. So I was inspired by the beautiful work of Magda to create a cotton scarf using the vintage fan ripple stitch by Janis Cortese. My attempt is to use the vintage pattern as an edge and change the core pattern of the scarf.. let's see how is coming along!


Searching in the blogosphere I found Wendy's amazing archive of wonderful free vintage crochet and knitting patterns scattered on the web. In this collection you'll find vintage-inspired free patterns listed from the 1800's to the 1970's stopping at every era in between supplied with beautiful pictures.




























images by  Wendy

If you are planning to travel in Italy and you are vintage-addict you can't pass over one of the largest vintage shops of Europe located in a vintage palace in Lugo (Ravenna, near Bologna): A.N.G.E.L.O . Take a look at the e-shop!


happy hooking!
:::Silvia


4 commenti:

♥Cherie♥ ha detto...

Hello Silvia,

I noticed that you followed my blog and I have come to return the favour. You have a very beautiful blog.

I am always drawn to anything vintage and shabby chic.... Can't wait to see how finished scarf.

Have a great week!!

~ Ruth

Unknown ha detto...

Hi Ruth! You have a beautiful blog too! It' s a pleasure to find someone fascinated by vintage-patterns! thanks for follow me :)
ciao
:::Silvia

Pigtails ha detto...

Hi Silvia - you have a very pretty blog and what a fantastic idea to use the Vintage Ripple as an edge! It will be a gorgeous garment. Thank you for linking back to me and enjoy the rest of your week!

Unknown ha detto...

Hi Magda! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Posta un commento

I love receiving your comments - It makes me so happy that you drop by and say hello.
Thank you ♥