Some Crochet, Some Pics, Some Travels..

domenica 16 marzo 2014

My first granny squares blanket!

| |

So that’s the confession:: I learn to crochet because I want to create my own granny squares blanket!
Granny squares are easy for beginners (like me) to learn, but at the same time, versatile and always intriguing. If you're new to crochet, the granny square is a fantastic first project:: it’s gorgeous to select your colour combination and it’s easy to fix your mistake before assembling the blanket.
At the beginning, I consider to use the traditional pattern but searching around the web I was amazed by endless possibility of square shape - just check out Barbara's 'Beyond the squares challenge'-. After all I was inspired and completely fascinated by the “summer garden granny squares “ I’d seen made by Lucy of Attic24.

images by Lucy of Attic24

She generously shares her pattern for squares, joining, and  pretty edging using great picture tutorial.  

So let’s take a look of my first squares::: I'll be updating my progress in the 'MOOD BLANKET 2014', so let's see how is coming along!





























1 commenti:

Marco Caldera ha detto...

Che belle Granny Squares!

Posta un commento

I love receiving your comments - It makes me so happy that you drop by and say hello.
Thank you ♥